How To Shrink Belly Fat Fast
If you have a lot of excess fat around your waistline, even if you’re not very heavy, then you should take action to get rid of it.
Anything above 40 inches (102 cm) in men and 35 inches (88 cm) in women is known as “abdominal obesity”. The fat under the skin (subcutaneous fat) isn’t that big of a problem but the fat inside the abdominal cavity (visceral fat), IS A BIG HEALTH CONCERN!
Belly fat exposes you to an increased risk of cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other ailments which means slimming down is vital for your future.
Here are 7 Top Tips to help you lose belly fat
1. Maintain a healthy diet. Weight control starts with eliminating things that make you fat, like heavy desserts, fried food and saturated fats. Ensure your meals contain low calorie foods rich in nutrients, including fresh fish, vegetables, whole-grain breads and fruit. Eat like you want to lose weight!
2. Exercise aerobically for up to 60 minutes five days a week to lose weight. Vigorous routines that burn the most calories include cycling, aerobic dancing and running but even just getting out for a walk and increasing your daily activities will burn fat.Move more!
3. Count calories consistently. Calorie awareness ensures your exercise for weight loss won't be in vain. One lb. equals 3,500 calories, so burning 500 calories more daily than you consume is the best and healthiest ways downsizing quickly. Use a tracking app like My Fitness Pal to count your calories. You will be amazed how many more you eat than you actually need!
4. Train with weights at least two or three times each week to build muscle, which increases your metabolism so you keep burning calories, even at rest. Lifting weights is proven to help burn body fat as well as keeping you stronger and in better shape!
5. Perform stomach-toning activities to tighten the muscles in your belly and create a flatter appearance. Traditional abdominal exercises like sit ups will not help if you have a lot of body fat. Perform deep core exercises to help strengthen your core and help you to become aware of your pelvic floor, core and posture. Get in touch for a series of exercises for you to try at home!
6. Sleep seven hours or more each night. People who fail to get enough rest suffer hormonal changes that cause an appetite increase. Read all about sleep in our sleep blog!
7. Limit your consumption of alcohol whenever possible. Alcohol is full of empty calories and directly triggers hunger hormones leading you to make food choices you may otherwise not make!i
We are all so busy these days that trying to fit working out into our busy schedules is often challenging, but your hard work will pay off. Your belly is one of the first places on your body to shrink when you exercise consistently, according to research!
Always get the OK from your doctor before starting a physical activity regimen to lose weight, especially if you have a medical condition.
Personal Trainer | Bromsgrove | Fitness | Health | Wellbeing